Welcome to the 2022 Spring Season of Springfield FC's Rec Academy. The spring season kicks off with the first games being played on April 9th and concludes with the final games the weekend of May 21-22. Training will begin the week of April 4th. Your player's coach will choose the night and time and will communicate this to you.
Training and matches are primarily held at Homecoming Park in Springfield Township, with games being played on Saturdays. Our 9v9 and 11v11 teams may travel to other communities to play parts of their schedule and may have games on Saturdays and Sundays.
Once your player has been assigned to a team, your coach will reach out to you. This is typically 7-10 days before our first games. If you haven't heard from a coach by April 2nd, please reach out to us at email@example.com. We will not respond to requests asking what team your player is on before then.
All of our teams are coached by volunteer coaches, and it is essential that we have enough coaches so we can create teams with reasonable roster sizes. If we don't have enough coaches, we won't turn players away, we will just make bigger teams. If you would like to volunteer to coach, you can do so during the registration process.
We will be offering teams in the following age divisions, based on the year your child was born. The correct division will be available to you when registering based on your child's date of birth. This season's divisions are:
- 3v3 - born in 2018
- 4v4 I - born in 2017, 2016
- 4v4 II - born in 2015, 2014
- 7v7 - born in 2013, 2012
- 9v9 - born in 2011, 2010, 2009
- 11v11 - born in 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005
*Age divisions and birth year alignments are subject to change at SFC's discretion based on registration numbers.
- Players need a reversible black and white SFC jersey top. If you do not have a reversible jersey, one can be purchased for $25. Jerseys will be available at the SFC garage on game days.
- The rest of the jersey requirements are BLACK shorts and BLACK or BLUE socks.
- Shin guards must be worn at all times while on the soccer pitch, beneath the player's socks.
- Soccer cleats are optional but strongly encouraged; no baseball or football cleats are allowed.
- Players must have a soccer ball to participate in training.
We do not offer refunds if your child does not play or withdraws for any reason. This includes injuries, scheduling conflicts, disinterest, and anything else that would keep your child from finishing the season. While we regret that injuries or other unfortunate situations come up, this does not change our fixed costs for delivering a season for all.
SFC will not honor requests for training on specific nights. We will, however, give you the opportunity to select one night you cannot practice during registration. We cannot guarantee that you will not be scheduled to practice that night, but we will do our best to accommodate the request. We also will not honor refunds for this reason, so please carefully consider this before registering.